Tuesday, September 25, 2007

 

Wit and wisdom

From Charles Barkley. Sir Charles visited the set of Monday Night Football on Sept. 17 (yes, I know, it's a week later) and uttered his usual wit and an unusual bit of wisdom that I really need to take to heart. Kornheiser says that a team was "better than their record" Charles disagreed insisting that you're just as good as your record and no more. Kornheiser says *if* they'd done better on a few punts and Charles butts in with.....wait.....wait for it....."If? What's this 'if' stuff? If I didn't eat so much pizza I wouldn't be so fat." Indeed.

Tonight when I was finishing my workout DVD, my instructor recommended that we "close our eyes and think pleasant thoughts". What should pop into my mind? You guessed it, pizza. Good pizza, mediocre pizza, it's where my willpower breaks down. So I avoid it....mostly. But I do dream of the day that we can be together.....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?