Saturday, October 06, 2007

 

<>

Every once in a while, I have a vivid dream that I actually remember upon waking. Not headline news, I realize, but they're usually positive, if not logical. Today's however is a full-on nightmare. You see, I dreamed I was Bill Belichick's lovah. Fortunately there were no scenes of us fully "expressing our relationship", but we did say some lover-ly things to each other.

Don't get me wrong, other than the cheating stuff, I think he's a great coach. I do believe he cheated in the Jets game, I think it's possible he cheated in other games, but we'll never know the extent of it and now, the NFL has destroyed the evidence. He makes a lot out of seemingly average players, has developed loyalties with NFL players that are very strong (and this is not exactly a group known for small egos). How many other coaches could cut a good player and that guy wait around for the org to come back and re-sign him? How many other coaches are inspirational enough for a guy whose had a stroke to work hard to come back?

But at the end of the day, I'm a Miami fan. New England whips us regularly. Heck, the past few years, they've whipped everyone regularly. So while I can admire their style of play, the precision of execution, the willingness of the team to play like a TEAM (and not just a highly paid group of players), I don't like New England and I don't like Belichick. If suddenly The Boy is out of the picture and I have my choice of NFL coaches to live in leisure with, it's not going to be Belichick. Jack Del Rio tops that list.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?