Saturday, October 27, 2007

 

Hermit-y weekend

I've done little this weekend. And I'm glad. I've done the normal laundry, a little picking up, swapped out my sandals and boots and started on a braised short ribs dish (pictures when I get a chance, if they came out). I went out for pizza Friday night, thought about BBQ tonight but decided against it. I'll get a lot of social contact tomorrow at church, but after that, grocery and mom-in-law's, back home to finish the short ribs, work on the cookbook and watch football.

Talked to a friend and we watched TV together. Odd really. I'm in the middle of the US and he's on a coast, yet we're watching the same episode of a cable show discussing it. He's not feeling well, which is a little frustrating. Not much I could do if he were closer, but even less that he's not.

There's not much to write about when you don't do anything, but all the time in the world to write. So now V for Vendetta is on. A really good movie I probably wouldn't have watched without the suggestion of my illin' friend. Of course, there are tens or hundreds of movies he'd recommend that I should probably watch. Saw a V costume at a Halloween shop. Almost bought it, but it would have taken $80 to look like V. I can look like myself for much less.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?