Tuesday, October 23, 2007

 

Weekend Project

Since it's RocktoberFest weekend, I've decided on a project for myself: braised short ribs. I've read recipes on all my favorite sites....Epicurious, Food Network, Cooking Light. I haven't hit the Julia Child cookbook yet, but that will be next. No recipe seems "just right". I guess all my work on the church cookbook has made me hungry to try something new.

I'll see about getting good short ribs tomorrow at a local really good grocery store. I can't think of any wacky ingredients you'd put in short ribs, so I guess my trip there will be short. I made a recent visit right before dinner and in addition to some chocolate for a friend, proscuitto for The Boy, all my favorite yogurt, I racked up a fair bill. It was worth it, especially the proscuitto.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?