Thursday, October 25, 2007

 

Weekend Project

With the cool, damp weather of the past few days, I'm feeling hermit-y and project-y. Which usually means I'm planning to cook something up. This time is no different. I bought short ribs yesterday and decided on the cover recipe from October's Bon Appetit: Cabernet-Braised Short Ribs. I probably will make the herb topping, since I'll need all the ingredients but one for the ribs, but not the polenta. I think mashed potatoes should make an adequate substitute.

The recipe has 43 reviews already and many the contain words like "incredible", "really delicious", "plate licking good". Most of the negative reviews were concerned with the grease/fat/gristle of the meat. Apparently, these cooks don't know the difference between short ribs and boneless, skinless chicken breasts. This is hearty comfort food, not spa food. One commenter decries "tastes like braised beef". Well. Can you imagine that? Take some beef, braise it, and it comes out tasting "like braised beef". Bon Appetit should be ashamed (not).

My weekend will be spent with http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/240108

Comments:
If you need any taste testers...holla!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?