Sunday, November 25, 2007

 

Great day to be in Chicago

And it will be great to be there next month. Cornflake (codename for my bro and sis-in-law's little one) has arrived and He's a HE!! I could not be happier. Mom and baby are fine. First name has been chosen, but some uncertainty on the middle one. The name that instantly came to mind for me was BIL and The Boy's grandfather's name. I think he would have appreciated it, plus there is some history of naming after family members. The Boy is named for both his greatgrand-dads, for example. Obviously, not my call to make and I'll be happy whatever Cornflake's real name turns out to be. I'm hoping that the nephew will finally end The Boy's sporadic kid rants. I have a feeling it will either stop them or they'll ramp up after we meet the nephew.

As if reveling in the joy along with me, the Bears pulled out a thrilling victory against Denver. I know Rex G has taken a lot of criticism this year, but with CHI being a league-leader in dropped passes, it's not all his fault. I saw some nice passes that split the defense dropped for no good reason today. Can't blame that all on the QB. If it hits you in the numbers, if it's close, if it's anywhere near you and you're getting paid millions of dollars to catch a ball.....CATCH IT.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?