Friday, November 16, 2007

 

So now I have to eat

if you've visited this blog even once, you would be surprised that at this minute, I dread eating. Trust me, in person, I CERTAINLY don't look like I dread it. But I got a new mouthpiece to treat my TMJD and I'm supposed to wear it while eating. It's odd to put it mildly. I brought food that will be easy to eat: meatloaf from the Fresh Market (yummy stuff, I had some last night) and a black bean salad. The feeling of having food stuck between my teeth and my new device is so off-putting, however that I'd really rather just skip it.

Yes, I can, technically, take it out. But doing so and working my jaw can (according to the dentist) wipe out the progress the device has made in getting my jaw moved to the right spot. I really need this treatment to work. Getting my jaw aligned correctly and keeping it there will save me time, stress, grief, future cracked teeth and lots of cold hard cash.

I've had difficult relationships with food over the past 30+ years. When I was a teenager, I'd say I was downright bizarre in the things I would and wouldn't eat and my reasons for them. Being bizzare is part of being a teen and eventually, I grew out of some of them. Not all, but some. And today, I'm feeling rather close to some I thought I'd left behind.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?