Tuesday, November 20, 2007

 

Thanks...

The national holiday of Thanks is upon us again. It's the start of the "Holiday Season" although most retailers started right at Halloween. It typically is, for me, the start of the "when are you coming, why can't you stay, why don't you do what I want?" chorus from my Mother. We see my folks about once a month. Sometimes, we only see my in-laws on Thanksgiving and Christmas. None of that matters, however when the leaves turn brown.

But that wasn't what I wanted to post about. Today was a good start to the rest of the week. Worked at our church with a big group of teenagers putting together food baskets. I'm not usually much on teens, but these were really good kids. Very respectful to the lady who organized, very helpful, worked very hard, very nice to work with. Their "ringleader" was our organizer's son. A VERY tall drink of water who is just as cute as he can be and a genuinely nice boy. He and my 5' 8" goddaughter used to moon at each other (then IMMEDIATELY turn away) during service. Her mother and I had high hopes, but she found another. He's a nice kid who talks to adults in complete sentences and who has some good schools interested in him.

So I'm thankful for good teens who will hopefully grow into good adults.
I'm thankful for in-laws I get along with, even enjoy.
I'm thankful for a clean dog.
I'm thankful for having a job I learn a lot in, even if Big Faceless does have its flaws.
I'm thankful for a spouse who loves me even though my Pecan Pie has a crack.
I'm thankful for parents who love me enough to drive me insane.
I'm thankful for having a lot of friends.
I'm thankful for having pretty good health.

In general, I'm pretty thankful all around this year.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?