Sunday, November 18, 2007

 

You're BACK!

I'm not some kind of fashionista. If I make it outside the house with makeup on, washed hair, wearing jeans and a t-shirt, it's a good day. It's a normal day, in fact. With pay cuts and awful benefits, Big Faceless allows us to wear jeans unless there are clients in. Costs them nothing and it's generally well-liked. So since I can wear jeans, I find little reason to NOT do so.

Which makes it unusual (even to me) that I so adore Bravo's "Project Runway". I don't wear coture, I don't read magazines about it, I generally don't care that much about fashion. Yet, this show hooks me every season. Again, yesterday afternoon as I'm folding clothes, I'm yelling at the designers with a vehemence I usually reserve for NFL players on Sunday. In addition to me not being a slave to fashion, I couldn't do what the worst of the contestants do. I can barely sew on a button. There is no way I could grab random fabric, think up a design, sew it together and another person wear it. I'd have better luck stapling leaves to water.

You'd think that if I were to yell at anything on TV, it would be the Food Network. After all, I DO cook. Yet, if I see a FTV personality doing something contrary to my method, I'm far more likely to just say "meh, not the way I'd do it" IF I bothered to say anything at all. I don't even yell at that awful Rachael Ray. (Although I AM waiting on the day she cuts off a finger from her horrid knife skills and her lack of attention to what she's doing.)

But no, it's Project Runway that has my television heart at 9pm on Wednesdays and anytime there's a marathon on Bravo, which, fortunately for me, is often. Heck, the season opener, which I've already seen, is on now. I missed about 2 minutes at the end. I may have to go watch it again.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?