Friday, December 07, 2007

 

Stuffed

I have a new piece of plastic and metal to carry around in my mouth to re-align my jaw and fix my TMJD. There are several side effects, not all of them unpleasant. My dental hygiene is going way up since I brush my teeth 4 times a day, minimum. Another side effect has to do with my eating. My teeth only touch on the mid-side of my mouth. Not in the very back, not in the very front. Sandwiches, and anything else that requires you to bit it with only your front teeth, are out. Salads are difficult since most lettuce is small enough to skip through the gap in my back teeth.

Eating with the new orthotic also makes me eat more slowly. Anyone whose eaten a meal with me probably can't believe this is possible. I am a slloooooowww eater. Well, now I'm more so. With my decrease in speed has come a decrease in what my stomach will hold before I'm full. I'm probably taking far more than the 20 minutes I need for my tummy to get the message.

Today, I had fried rice. It's impossible to get a "normal" serving of fried rice and today's restaurant held to the trend. I "made" myself eat a tad more than I cared to, mostly so I wouldn't be hungry in an hour. Almost that time has passed and I'm still full. REALLY full. If I can keep up the not eating much, I think I'll be happy with the results.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?