Saturday, December 22, 2007

 

Whew

Busy busy day. Hair appt at 11, lunch with a friend at noon, supposed to meet another friend at 2. Second friend was running late, so I spent some time at a Wild Oats/Whole Foods. Found broth on sale....really on sale and really good stuff too. #2 still late, so I went to my favorite Wine and Spirits Emporium. Bought a couple of Christmas presents and picked up some bubbly. Do I NEED bubbly? Everyone needs bubbly. I decided to strike out for #2's house and she confirmed she was on the way. Traffic was thick, but I wasn't in a hurry and didn't worry about it.
I made a Christmas CD earlier this week. Charlie Brown Christmas, Yule Be Bopping, some choir and orchestra music, my favs from the Nutcracker and just to keep it fun, the soundtrack from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Perfect music to take your mind off all the other cars around you.
Spent some quality time with Friend 2 and her 2 little ones. Son was tired and slept almost the whole time I was there. Little One wasn't about to nap. I hung out for a bit, then headed back to the Smaller Town. Ended up having dinner with the Mom-in-law and her brother. He's really a nice man. I wish we saw more of him.
The Boy put the tree up, which was very nice. I fluffed and separated branches for a couple of hours once I got home. Put on ornaments and put the presents under and around, best I could. The tree's branches are quite low and with the tree being rather wide, it was hard to walk around. But a little hopping around and a little patience and the tree is lovely. If it weren't after 1 am, I'd turn off all the lights but the tree and have some bubbly (see...what did I tell you). Maybe tomorrow night with The Boy.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?