Tuesday, January 01, 2008

 

2007/2008

I'm not normally a "make a list because it's the end of the year" kind of girl, but culinarily, I did have some good experiences and have a few goals as I look forward.
#1 Culinary find for 2007: Pomegranates. They are lovely and delicious and once you get the hang of it, easy to deal with. I shall look forward to many poms next fall.

#2 Culinary find for 2007: Short ribs. I only made them once, but they were fantastic and fun. As cold weather progresses, I'll make them again.

Culinary goal #1 for 2008: Leeks. I've never cooked leeks. They look like a lot of trouble, but I'm going to try them.

Culinary goal #2 for 2008: Local ingredients. I'd like to do more with things that are in season and from around here.

Culinary goal #3 for 2008: Entertain more. The house was literally built for it, but we're usually busy and when it's "downtime", I like to be "down". More Girl's Nights for sure and more hanging out now that we have a decent table and chairs.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?