Wednesday, January 16, 2008

 

2008 Year of the Blonde

But it's much more the idiotic things I find myself doing, not a hot new haircolor. I'm not generally a scatterbrain...well, not much. I consider myself fairly steady, reliable, sometimes to the point of being a little boring. I've forgotten to do things at work, completely forgot an appointment I have every week, forgot to RSVP to a shower (and since I wasn't going, I really should have called). Today, however, takes the cake: I forgot my car.

I had an oil change scheduled, so I took the car to the dealership. It's right across the street from work. If the redlight EVER gave you a chance to cross that street, I'd walk to and from. Since it never does and it's a 5 lane road, I don't. Took it in early this morning. They're usually done by lunch or early afternoon, so I really didn't think twice about it. Work got weird, busy, maybe bad, maybe good about 3:30 pm. One thing led to another and a little after 6 pm, I was off the phone and ready to go. Went to get my keys and I was missing one very important one. I don't live terribly close to work. My house isn't on the way to anyone's who would be at work at that time.

The LAST thing I wanted to do was to call my spouse and say "Honey, can you come back into town and get me from work". So I called a good friend. No answer. Broke down and called the spouse. No answer (which was fine). Called my mother-in-law and asked "How much do you love me?" She does love me enough to drive across town, get me from work and take me home. I think I'll keep tracking all my blonde moments...surely I'll get better.

Labels:


Comments:
I am honestly LOL right now...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?