Sunday, January 13, 2008

 

blaaaaaah

I'm still less football-y than I think I should be. Between talking to The Boy and attending a community meeting, I missed quite a bit of the Packers game yesterday. I was torn about the NE/JAX game: I've watched bits of the NE tough games and their opponents have done well when I haven't been paying attention. So I checked out the game at 14-14 just before the half and later when it was 28-20. I know that the only Arkansan who really could have impacted the game is Matt Jones and not me, but I'm still supersticious.

I saw most of the IND/SD game, but missed the beginning because I was having brunch with The Girls. I'm watching DAL/NYG, but I'm not overly enthused. I *will* watch the NFC championship next weekend (that delicious Brett Favre, you know). I'm not sure there's much point in watching the AFC. If LT and Rivers aren't playing next week, I don't have much hope for SD over NE. (Honestly, I don't have much hope for them even if they are.)

I've declined an invite to the Super Bowl party some friends have, but if it's NE/DAL, well, I've already seen NE whip DAL. No surprises there. Romo is not going to beat Brady. If it's NE/GB, well, I'm not sure I would want to see NE beat GB. I think if any NFC team could beat NE, it would be GB with Brett carrying the game. He'd have to be perfect, no wacky throws-or at least the GOOD wacky throws-the #11 defense in the NFL would have to play like the guys 10 places up from them and, again, it would have to be one of those crazy Favre games where he takes over a game and carries everything on his shoulders. Incidentally, the #1 and #3 defenses in the NFL (PIT and IND) have both been beaten by NE. If SD beats NE next week, I'll want to stay home and watch the Super Bowl for the game. If not....maybe I'll change my mind.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?