Thursday, January 31, 2008

 

Change happens

I often say that I don't deal well with change. If that were really true, I'd not have lasted for long at Big Faceless Corp where needless change happens every year at a minimum. Heck, the first 2 years I was there, I moved something like 4 times.

But change is happening on the friendship side of my life. Just about a year ago, an old friend and I started talking. At first, it was a frantic flurry of emails/phone calls. Now, I notice that he's on IM and leave it at that. I try to call a few times a weekend, but between the time zones, his schedule and general hermit-hood, I'm not shocked when I don't get him. Nor offended. I leave rambling messages on his voicemail and leave it at that.

I've started hanging out more with a new circle of girls. These are wives of friends of Mr. EY and some single chicks who hang out with that crowd. A few of them have pointedly said that they'd keep me and toss him if anything ever happened. Awwwww. And they all think I have good breasts. Actually, I have good bras. But when someone who has fake ones likes yours, you take it as a complement. Awwwwwww.

And just in time, as 2 friends are moving. Friend S will be moving to her hometown a few states away. She's been on several different paths over the past year and while I'd never tell her this (well, I guess I am NOW lol), none have seemed to make her happy. Today, she seemed more at peace with her plans than she ever has. I hope that lasts when she gets there. I also hope airfare stays at the rate it is now because going to see her will be pretty reasonable!

Friend N will be moving due north to a scary part of the state. It's not that bad, I suppose. There are civic organizations which take pride in their community. Heck, the KKK cleans up the side of the road up there. Have their name on the sign to prove it . Her man has a job there and she can work from home. She'll be near her nephews and sister, so I can't blame her for wanting to move. I'm slightly irked that she didn't tell me herself, but she also didn't tell me when a friend's little one was born and apparently, I was on her "call list". Oh well.

A few years ago, I used to hang out with a group who played cards nearly every weekend. We might do that quarterly now. With one of us going, a split over life direction, new kiddo for one couple, we're a bit adrift. New Mom and Dad have really worked hard to get little one here and seem to be doing well with it. An optimistic assumption considering that I saw them on Day 3 of being parents. Dad is already worrying and planning, Mom is already telling him to chill out. Just what I figured they'd do.

A few years after I graduated from college, the last of my college friends moved. I was nearly in a panic. I am rather slow to make friends and at times, painfully shy. Figured I would sit at home by myself forever. But that didn't happen. I lived. Made new friends, made more. And hopefully, I can continue that on.....

Comments:
Just checked southwest.com to Indy...roundtrip for $178.

I EXPECT you to come. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?