Thursday, January 24, 2008

 

Guilty Pleasures

There is a quote, I don't remember who of that goes "when asked if she had any guilty pleasures, she replied 'I don't have any guilt' " I've developed a few surprising guilty pleasures recently. Things I wouldn't have expected.

So here goes: I watch Supernanny. Not every week, but I do think it's interesting. Why would a childless person like watching screaming kids? I don't know. I find it remarkable that she can get kids to behave the ways she does. I don't think you have to injure someone to get their attention, but I don't think a swat on the butt is totally out of the question either.

I also watch Project Runway. I looooove Project Runway. This is the 3rd season I've watched.

And I'm currently into Make Me A Supermodel. Just when you think it can't be bitchier than Runway, Bravo jacks it up a notch.

What I don't find that I like are the cooking reality shows. I don't much like The Next Food Network Star. I couldn't make it through one episode of Bravo's Top Chef. It's the judges. Yes, Tom Colicchio is arrogant. But he's DONE something. Like Kid Rock says "It ain't bragging if you say it and you back it up". I can't deal with Padma Lakshmi. She's supposed to be a "food expert" but she's practically anorexic. She was supposed to be a huge intellectual, married Salman Rushdie, then dumps him. He's a Nobel winner, dearie. There are no notches better than that for your belt.

Sorry, I know that was catty....what can I say? I just watched Make Me A Supermodel....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?