Thursday, January 10, 2008

 

I BBC-A

I'm an Angliophile. I love all things British, always have. I watch a few shows on BBC America when I think of it, but I've come to have a fav: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. Celeb chef Gordon Ramsay helps floundering restaurants by identifying what's wrong, finding what's right and trying to refocus everyone. Gordo is a well-respected chef and he's been imported to the US for a show on Fox of the same "save the restaurant" type.

Something I find funny every time I watch the BBC America version is the difference between how we see profanity and how the Brits do. On BBCA, sh*t is not beeped out, but f*ck is. Obviously, both would be an issue here. Both of them come out of Gordo's mouth enough that you get a steady stream of sh*t and . In one episode, he tries to keep a chef in the kitchen, as opposed to going out for a smoke and a drink during service. Chef has to put in a pound when he wants to leave the kitchen, Gordo does when he curses. I think the chef put in maybe 2 pounds and Gordo put in 30.

Still....funny show, good chef. The most important thing I've learned is that I'm sooooo not cut out to be a restauranteur.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?