Sunday, January 06, 2008

 

One pot, many meals

A few months ago, Cooking Light had a series of recipes which use a basic marinara sauce as a base. There were pastas, of course, but also a soup, pizza and a stuffed mushroom side dish. I made the marinara today and it both smelled and tasted great. I put two pints of sauce in the freezer for later. We'll make calzones for dinner tomorrow, The Boy's will be pepperoni, mine roasted red and fresh green pepper, mushroom.
As I was cleaning up the kitchen, I started getting hungry. What for dinner? I looked in the pantry and saw that I had plenty of canned mushrooms, a half bag of pasta, knew I had veggie crumbles in the freezer. Cooked some carrots for vitamin A. Cooked the pasta and put some of my sauce in a pan. Put about half the bag of veggie crumble in along with a drained can of mushrooms. Needed a little more liquid in the pan, as the sauce lost some "sauciness", but it was still really good. I have high hopes for the rest of our dishes!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?