Sunday, January 20, 2008

 

Yawn......

Yes, I should be heading to bed right now, but that's not the inspiration for the yawn. I'm afraid, the super bowl is (I refuse to capitalize it this year). Didn't we just see the NY Giants play the NE Patriots, what 3-4 weeks ago? Dec. 29, 23 days ago was their previous meeting. The Giants did play a good game, but when the clock showed 00:00, they had fewer points on the board. Since then, yes, the G-Men have been hot. But let's take a look at their opponents, shall we....? They beat a Tampa team that looked like they were still asleep from taking a couple of weeks off. They beat a Dallas team also still on vacation. They played mostly mistake-free football against a Green Bay team, that while good, just wasn't as good as they were the previous week against Seattle.

In addition to having seen the earlier matchup, I've also seen a few super bowls where the Pats won out. As tough as they play during the regular season, they're harder in late January/early February. They have this guy named "Tom Brady"....maybe you've heard of him? Yeah, he's been the SB MVP.....twice. Not even the lovely and delicious (sorry Deanna) Brett Favre has done that. So I don't look forward to the super bowl this year. I normally watch it at home, by myself while The Boy and our friends have a super bowl party. This year, I care so little about the game, that I'm partying.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?