Saturday, February 23, 2008

 

Creativity

I found two college friends on MySpace this week. One is a guy I've actually known since high school and he is sooooo creative and talented. There wasn't much doubt that he'd do amazing, if way offbeat, things. I've always admired his determination to be himself and not be bound by convention. He's daring in a way I could never be, but if I tried to dress/act like him, it would be completely inauthentic. He has a wikipedia entry, he's on IMDB, he has a couple of books on Amazon. He's really an amazing talent. Every time I read something fabulous that he's done, I just feel so proud. An odd feeling, because obviously, I've had no part in his success. I'm simply an admirer "who knew him when" and not terribly well even "back when". Still, I'm happy to be one of 19,000+ (yes, not a typo) of his MySpace friends. I suppose putting his real name in, something I don't typically do, will at least get me a few hits. So here goes: Clint Catalyst, I love and adore you. You are so fierce, so creative and so talented. I'll go back to my boring middle-class, white bread existence now.....

But Clint wasn't my only find. I also found a friend from Frosh year in college who now lives in NYC. She's also a published author (what the hell have I been doing, crikey?) and a belly dancer. She and I had loads of fun on a road trip to Memphis one weekend. She had a beautiful white '65 Mustang that was waaaay hot. And with no air conditioning in May, it was way.hot. Still, we hung out with friends, went to cool clubs and more fun with each other than we would have had with the boys we'd each recently ditched.

I'm not normally a big searcher on MySpace and was reluctant to join it at all, but this week made it VERY worthwhile.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?