Sunday, March 23, 2008

 

My least fav basketball trick

I've watched a few nail-biting games in the NCAA tournament. Here's what I have yet to see work successfully: teams who are behind and immediately foul in the last minute of the game. I understand why you do it. The clock will stop and maybe your opponent won't make their free-throws (TN, who came in averaging 59% beat Butler today because they DID make their free-throws) and you'll get the ball back with time to do something. What seems to happen almost every time is that the clock does indeed stop, the opponent makes at least one shot and losing team gets the ball back down by 2 or 3 scores with far less time than you'd need for 2 possessions.

I've even seen a team down by a LOT pull this little stunt. Why?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?