Tuesday, March 04, 2008

 

Really old friends

Got a call from a friend yesterday. An acquaintance from high school is having a girlie cosmetics party "and would love it if you would come" or so S alleges. Really? I was never "friends" with R in elementary, middle or high school, although I certainly knew her all those years. It was a small town and small school. We might say "hi" or even have small talk in class or in the hall, but we weren't "friends". It's been puzzling me on why I'd even be invited. I suppose I appreciate the gesture, but I don't quite "get it".

Another big part of it is the driving. To drive 2 1/2 hours and a half tank of gas, sit and pretend to be social for an hour or so and drive another 2 1/2 hours and drain the rest of my tank to come home. Thirty dollars and a whole day gone. Nah, I just don't think so.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?