Friday, April 04, 2008

 

B day April 25

Since my DDS shocked me with the news that I need braces, I've been ready to get them. Every time I've had an appointment, I've been quite convinced that my next appointment would be "the one", the 2 hours + appointment to get braces on. But none of them have. There's always something to happen "next". I'm tired of the "next"; the quicker these get on, the quicker they come off.

So I've had spacers, which were painful enough to impact my vision and drain all my energy. I had yet another impression taken today, from which my "rickinator" will be made. This oddly named device will broaden my smile. A good friend is quite glad I'm getting that done. Seems that broader smiles, aka "the Hollywood smile" are in style now. Goodness knows I need all the help I can in the style department. If the broad "Hollywood smile" ever goes OUT, I'm afraid I'll have to be unstylish again. Once this is over, I really don't want to do ANY more work with my teeth/jaws/mouth.

So after today's appointment, where my spacers were removed, we made THE appointment. I won't have braces in NYC or in Cincy, but I will have them in Vegas. I can live with that.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?