Tuesday, June 03, 2008

 

Duh....google anyone?

I'm curious enough to have always had a knack for research. Persistence probably counts for most of that, but I'm lucky enough at it to keep trying. So why did I not immediately Google my long lost former friend with her husband's name? Many counties put divorce records online. Turns out, her university solved my query for me in a "Get to Know..." feature in a newsletter. It's from 2 years ago and mentions her husband of 7 years. If she was married and in the South in 2006 then she's still married 2 years later. I don't venture to guess how she convinced him that he wouldn't die of lack of culture in their smallish town.

In any case, I don't have to. In a way, I'm relieved. I no longer have to worry about contacting her, as any missive would be unwanted and unresponded to. As she herself quotes "Ours is not to reason why". I can't reason my way into why I was dismissed. What I can do is release myself from worrying about her.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?