Friday, June 27, 2008

 

Locally Grown

I've been participating in our town's "locally grown" movement. Coming from a farm family, supporting local growers is important to me, as is having tasty things to eat in season. I missed this week's pickup, but I still managed to get some locally grown blackberries. Blackberries whose growth consumed not one iota of chemicals, petroleum or other shunned things. These are definitely not Genetically Modified.

Now, on the downside, they're not really big. They haven't been artifically irrigated, fertilized and have had to struggle on their own to survive. They're precarious to pick and I'm still not sure I didn't get a tick somewhere. I did try to be choosy when I picked them and tried to only get ones that were really ripe.....


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?