Saturday, June 14, 2008

 

Spring cleaning the desk

Yes, I know it's in the 90's here in Arkansas, but until a week from tomorrow, it's still not officially summer yet. I've made some improvements to the home PC and decided that since I have USB ports I can get to (Thanks to my snazzy Belkin hub), the first USB device I should attach is my MyBook and back up all my crap. Most of what I'm backing up are pictures and music. Two of the more resource-intense things you could move from an old USB port to a sleek backup device. So this has given me some time in my office.

In the first house Mr. EY and I lived in, we shared an office. Now, we each have our own. His was an absolute mess until a few weeks ago. Now, everything is organized and neat. I was envious, but not inspired to action. Today, however, I attacked the mess of stuff on my desk. Turns out I didn't need any of it. I'm recycling lots of paper and re-purposing a notebook from a leadership conference of long ago.

The rest of my office still "looks like a closet threw up" as a friend once described the previous, shared office. It's daunting, to say the least, but I might be brave enough to work on it tomorrow. Maybe. For now, however, the desk is enough.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?