Wednesday, July 30, 2008

 

Friends.....

"Use every man after his desert, and who should 'scape whipping?" One of many good quotes from Hamlet. And probably more true between you and your friends than you think. We love our friends...and they love us. Which is good, because we're probably more stupid with our friends than with anyone else.

Case in point. Friend of mine sends me an email, which, if I'd thought about the content and context a bit harder, I would have seen his point. I didn't, only considered it from my POV and sent back a rather sarcastic response. Which got me a longer note with him elaborating on a subject he didn't want to discuss in the first place. As I thought about it, what he was trying to get across in the first note was pretty clear. Why didn't I pick it up? "I didn't think" (An excuse that makes me want to rip out someone's liver when I hear it.) Why didn't I think? "I don't know" (Another of my least favorite things to hear and is most commonly heard in conjunction with "I didn't think"). Guilty guilty guilty as charged. And I still feel bad about it....quite bad, in fact.

That was just one thing....I'm sure I'll make some goof to someone else (or him again) or someone will make one to me. Because we're friends...it will be OK.

To all my friends who read this <> I love you guys!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?