Monday, August 18, 2008

 

Bunny ears

I'm often accused of having "bunny ears". No, they're not long and soft, they just work really well. Sometimes, too well. A team near me has a status meeting at 9 am every morning. Three of these people work in hard offices in a row just outside my cube. Do they get together to meet? Heck no. They ALL THREE sit in their offices, with the door open on speakerphone. And two of them, including their team leader, don't have "inside voices". One guy, who doesn't work in this office, but who is generally on the call, has even less of an "inside voice" than they do. Seriously, I think they could go outside to meet and they'd hear him 30 miles away. With multiple people on speaker, the echo of everyone's voice rings down the hall. Drives.me.frakking.nuts.

Headphones should be required equipment for anyone who has to speak aloud during the day and if there were a way to disable a speakerphone unless a door is shut, I'd so buy it and install in each office near me. Of course, why 3 people who sit near each other can't get in one room and shut the door is beyond me. If only I could tune out the idiocy......

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?