Sunday, October 12, 2008

 

What happens at Fit Club....

will hopefully keep me motivated to do good things for my health. Weigh in was tonight and I was pleasantly surprised. I'd feared things would not be good, but I've only gained 2.5 lbs since the last time I stepped on a scale back on August. The braces are helping, I'm sure, but they come off Friday (YEAH!) On the up side, I'll be able to eat apples, a good healthy snack, once they're off. We're all very excited, we have activities planned and have a lot of accountability in our group.

Tomorrow's lunch of veggie chili and turnips will be a step in the right direction. I'm hoping that I can help some of our folks who "don't eat anything green" learn that vegetables can be good tasting as well as good for you. There is one person in particular who I'd like to see try a few more things. She has been trying to be open-minded and I'm very proud of her for that. She hasn't liked a couple of things she's tried, but that's OK. No one has to like everything. In fact, a veggie she likes is one I can't stand.

Here's to the next six months!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?