Thursday, November 20, 2008

 

Tragedy and triumph

The perfect boots arrived as promised. Earlier than promised and I was delighted. When I got home, however, my delight was as crushed as the shipping box. It looked like Godzilla sat on it from Kentucky all the way here. One of the shoe boxes inside was damaged and I was fearful. Upon opening, however, I found beautiful boots. More beautiful than I could have imagined. I tried one on my larger foot.

The news was not good. Too small. Not "maybe these will get a little bigger with wear" too small, but "oh my goodness, I'm losing circulation below the ankle" too small. Reluctantly, I packed up the boot and opened the other box. Again, incredibly lovely boots. I nearly needed a moment and a moist towelette. Again, way.too.small. Yes, I ordered the size I like to wear instead of the size I should have. In my defense, the first brand wasn't available in the size/color combination I really wanted, so I knew that was a gamble. But the second brand tends to run big and the reviews online recommended you go down a half size. Heartbroken, I headed to the PC to see what my options were for returning the lovely boots.

I checked out the "Live Help" and chatted with an agent. He emailed me a return label and asked if I wanted to make an exchange. An exchange. Why yes, yes, I would. The size/color combination for the first brand still isn't available, so I ordered a different color and larger size. The second brand was available in the desired color and larger size. To help alleviate my perceived stress, the agent is sending the replacement boots one business day AT NO COST!?!?! He is truly my hero. I will have TWO pair of boots on Monday. Two not identical pair. You see where this is going, don't you? I'll fall in love with both of them. I'll rend garments, gnash my teeth and tear at my hair deciding which one to keep. But they both need a good home. And I know they'll be dead sexy......

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?