Monday, February 22, 2010

 

Nevah had it, nevah will

(with apologies to the Sprite commercial from the 80's, from which I totally stole that line.)

I several wonderful blogs from P-Dub, my favorite being Confessions of a Pioneer Woman. I live out in the country, I get up insanely early, I like the city life sometimes, I like to cook, I have a basset. We have some things in common. But then again, we have other things not in common. She has 4 kids, she homeschools (which I completely cannot fathom how you do and do well...it's not a matter of how smart you are, but I digress) and every once in a while, she will post or comment on how seeing a baby makes her want to have one.

I've seen cute babies in my day. I've seen well-behaved babies, even. One was at my house yesterday, coo-ing and laughing and in general being a ham. Not screaming, not crying, not fussing so I (and certainly her mother) was happy to have her over. But it didn't make me want one. No kid, young or not so young has ever made me think "you know, I really ought to do that". Even the well-mannered, not making a mess, reasonable to talk to ones leave me with a "thank goodness I don't have to deal with THAT" feeling.

So while I feel for Ree that she's in "uterine conflict", my uterus-free, insensitive-to-such-things self just doesn't have that issue. And I suppose I never will.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?