Thursday, April 29, 2010

 

Are you a keeper?

Had an interesting discussion with a friend recently about how it would be to be a "kept" person. I'm not sure I could do it. As much as I'd like to think that a life as a woman of leisure would be fun, I know I'd have to have some intellectual stimulation. I like what I do. I like the subject. I like the feeling of accomplishment in helping solve problems, I like the study to keep up with a changing landscape. I suppose I could certainly keep my subscriptions, read blogs, work out problems and write about them in my "free time" if I were kept. I'd certainly have to spend more time at the gym and I'd have time to do that.

However, I've often thought about having "a poolboy". A pool would be impractical where I live, but a poolboy would not. If I suddenly found myself single, having someone available for my physical needs wouldn't be too bad.

Just saying.....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?